Here are my top 10 tips to help you make the most out of your clothes and feel much more organised this season. If you only wear 20% of the clothes in your wardrobe, this one’s for you!
- Arrange your clothes per lifestyle first (workwear, casualwear, weekend, going out, sportswear, beachwear etc) – and then per items of clothing (bottoms together, shirts/blouses, dresses etc.) – keep in your wardrobe only the clothes you wear a lot.
- Look after your clothes: knitwear always folded, hang the trousers and skirts in soft grip trouser and skirt hangers.
- Accessories need to be accessible! Have them on display so you can see what you have. If they are in a box you will forget about them.
- Shoes & Handbags: place them neatly on bookshelves or take photos of them (if they need to be kept in boxes) and save them in your phone for easy access.
- Make sure that your clothes fit you. Well-fitting clothes will complement your body, whereas ill-fitting garments will draw attention to your problem areas.
- Book a professional bra fitting every 9 months or so, it can help you drop a dress size!
- If you feel comfortable and confident in a specific outfit, then it is the right style for you. Look for similar items when shopping.
- Make a wish list before you go shopping and stick to it!
- Invest in quality basics.
- It is a fact that 70% of the world wears second-hand clothing. So next time you want to go shopping, try checking out a second-hand store or look for a clothes swap event near you! (Check out my Walk In Wardrobe™ events here)